A happy employee is a productive employee, and high employee productivity leads to more profit. But satisfaction and happiness at work aren’t necessarily correlated to a high salary. There are various other ways to increase employee engagement and productivity.
Offering a high-quality product or a well-needed service just isn’t enough to lead your company into the future. You need loyal, productive employees. Employees that feel appreciated and have a reasonable workload tend to produce more and the quality of their work is often better. As a business leader, it’s up to you to find out what makes your team happy and engaged in your organization.
What makes your employees happy and engaged?
We have already stated that a happy employee is a productive employee. But what makes a happy and engaged employee? The simplest way of finding out is by asking. Asking an employee face to face might intimidate your personnel and can also be ineffective in a large company. Sending out an anonymous employee engagement and productivity survey is one solution.
An employee engagement and productivity survey should include questions to establish the happiness, engagement, and productivity among the employees. A survey allows your employees to speak their minds and give you as an employer feedback on the current state inside your company.
Five important wellness survey questions
- How are you feeling at this moment?
- How is the workload?
- How can we help you reach your full potential?
- According to you, how can we improve as a company?
- How would you describe your work relationship with your closest manager?
ENPS ー measuring engagement
eNPS (Employer Net Promoter Score) is an efficient way to measure engagement and happiness among the employees by asking one simple question. The question is: On a scale from zero to ten, how likely is it that they would recommend this company to a friend as a place to work? The number given shows how loyal and satisfied your employees are.
If your employees answer with a 9 or a 10, this means they are thriving in the company and willingly would recommend friends and relatives to apply for a job at the workplace.
If your employees answer with an 8 or a 7 this means they are happy at the moment, but also are likely to leave your company if a better offer comes along. Even though passives might recommend the workplace to others, the recommendation would also be followed by a caveat.
If your employees answer the question with a 6 or a 0 this means they actually might work against your company. Detractors are likely to have a negative influence over their co-workers and would not recommend others to work at your company.
An employee happiness survey combined with eNPS is a great indicator of the level of employee engagement and productivity at the workplace. And there are no reasons not to measure how satisfied your personnel are because a happy employee is a productive employee. If the result showed that you have disengaged or unhappy employees inside your enterprise, now is the time to take action.
Five ideas on how to increase employee engagement and productivity:
- Improve the communication between you, managers, and the employees.
- Give feedback and show appreciation for your employees. If your staff is recognized for their work, they will be motivated to keep up the good work.
- Invest in their wellbeing. Find out how your employees truly feel, and help them increase their wellbeing.
- Invest in further education. Employees that can grow and gain more responsibilities tend to be more engaged in the company.
- Allow for flexibility in the workplace. Flexible schedules help employees to better plan their day and find a balance between work and home.
Discover what Remente can do for you
Do you want to gain high employee productivity and increase engagement at work? Increase employee satisfaction and productivity with help from Remente. Remente is an online-based wellness platform helping both individuals and companies to increase happiness, reduce stress, and raise productivity. For companies, we are offering monthly, anonymous surveys sent out to your personnel handing you real-time data about employee engagement and productivity. But Remente doesn’t just hand out data, we also provide solutions.
- We offer Daily coaching where your employees learn self-care, are given insights, and are encouraged to self-reflection.
- A Mood Journal enabling employees to track their moods and see trends.
- A Life Wheel providing a visual representation over their work-life balance, making it easy to see which areas are in need of extra attention.
- A Day Planner handing your employees the tools for a more structured and productive day.
- Goal Plans providing tools to set up personal and professional goals ー and to achieve them by breaking down your goals into smaller manageable steps.
- Life-changing courses in areas such as Health and Fitness, Relationships, Career and Education, Personal Development, Family, Social Life, Fun and Recreation, and Finances.
For enterprises, we also provide the possibility of adding corporate content such as your Code of Conduct into the system. If you want to add customized content, contact us.
Sign up for a free demo of Remente today and experience the difference our system can make.