Most people spend the majority of their waking hours at work. Wellbeing in the workplace is an important issue that affects both the employees’ health and productivity.
Using a wellbeing program is one way to increase wellness. In this article, we’ll explore five ideas to increase workplace wellbeing and make your company a better workplace.
Creating a company culture that allows people and creativity to thrive takes time. But it will be worth the effort. Happy employees are healthier, more productive, and more engaged in the company.
Five ideas to improve workplace wellbeing
- Promote a healthier lifestyle by offering fruit baskets and other healthy snacks at work.
- Encourage the employees to exercise or at least take a few minutes of the lunch break to take a walk outside.
- Encourage employees to take breaks to get coffee, stretch their legs, or read a few pages of a good book. Taking a break from work increases energy and enhances concentration.
- Promote honest and open communication. Encourage staff to seek help or guidance if they are stuck or overloaded with work. Over time, this will cultivate a company culture of openness and tolerance.
- Discourage presenteeism (working while sick). This phenomenon decreases productivity and puts other colleagues at risk of getting sick. Presenteeism is estimated to cost American companies about 226 billion dollars annually.
Why corporate wellbeing is important
Happy employees spread positivity, are more productive, and are willing to go that extra mile for your company. Healthy and happy employees will also strengthen your brand and attract future talents. But how do you make your employees happy in the long run? More and more companies are realizing employees’ happiness isn’t just about high salaries, but about wellbeing in the workplace.
The above five ideas are just a few ways how you as an employer can promote and increase mental wellbeing at work, but also to make real change you have to help the employees to help themselves. Corporate wellbeing is important for any company, regardless of industry and size, to enhance mental wellness at work and add long-term value to the company.
Use Remente’s mental wellness platform to experience the difference in your workplace
Improve workplace wellbeing by using tools offered by Remente. Remente is an online-based mental health platform with a top-ranked app. We help businesses and individuals to set up goals, strengthen mental resilience and take control over their wellbeing. Using our tools has proven to lead to enhanced productivity for companies and improved mental health for individuals.
The first step to increasing workplace wellbeing for companies is to check how your employees truly are feeling. That’s why an anonymous wellbeing survey is an important part of Remente’s employee wellness program. The survey lets you know which departments are overloaded with work and can provide a clear picture of your employees’ happiness in order for you to make well-grounded decisions.
Remente’s program doesn’t just give insights but also suggests measures on how to improve wellbeing at work. The program is based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy proven to be efficient when dealing with mental health issues. The core in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is “in order to feel different, you have to do things differently”. To make the necessary changes, Remente provides coaching, courses, and other resources for your employees.
Sign up for a free demo of Remente today and invest in your employee’s health and wellbeing.