We spend a majority of our waking hours at work where high-stress levels, challenging tasks, and a poor work-life balance can take a toll on both our physical and mental health. Health and employee wellbeing can have a crucial impact on your company’s success. Utilizing wellbeing programs, you can help your staff increase both their wellbeing and as a result, their productivity.
It’s well known that happy and healthy employees are productive employees. By promoting health and wellness in the workplace you show your employees they matter. One easy way to put health on the agenda is to involve all the employees in wellbeing programs where staff are given tools for mental resilience, self-leadership training and can fill out surveys about their current health. This gives the company insights into which areas might be neglected and where you need to put in extra effort to improve mental health and wellness in the workplace.
Workplace health program
Did you know that anxiety disorder is the most common mental health problem? It’s even more common than depression. Anxiety disorder involves worrying about the future, having difficulties concentrating, an inability to relax, and an abnormally high heart rate. About 270 million people suffer from this type of disorder according to the World Economic Forum. Experts estimate that by 2030 the total cost of mental health problems for the global economy will be 16 trillion dollars. So it’s safe to say this is a real problem that needs to be dealt with.
Even though mental health problems are hugely common, few people would openly admit suffering from them. Involving all the employees in a workplace health program is a great way to both deal with the real problem and also reduce the stigma around mental health issues.
One obstacle some employee mental health programs face is accessibility. For a workplace health program to truly work, it must be easy to access and not take up too much time. Otherwise, it’s more likely to increase stress and anxiety. That’s one of the reasons why Remente’s corporate wellness programs are so effective ー our award-winning app is easy to access and requires just a few minutes per day to improve mental health.
Five ways how Remente makes your employees feel better
- Provides tools for better sleep habits. A good night’s sleep is essential for being both healthy and stress resilient. Adults needs between 6 and 8 hours of sleep a night but it varies from person to person. The sleep cycle is divided into four different phases: “dozing off”, light sleep, deep sleep, and REM sleep (REM being an abbreviation for rapid eye movement). Both deep sleep and REM sleep are considered crucial for the ability of thoughtful thinking and cognitive functions such as creativity and memory. Remente offers courses and tools to improve sleep, and by encouraging employees to use them, you will see an increment in workplace wellbeing.
- Provides guides on how to eat better and healthier. A healthy and well-balanced diet is essential for both good physical and mental health. Healthy food contributes to the protection against heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. It can also have a positive impact on abilities such as concentration, clear thinking, and the attention span. Remente offers your employees courses in mindful eating to help them establish a healthy relationship to food and hands-on tools on how to eat healthier.
- Provides tools for self-knowledge. Encouraging employees to get to know themselves better is a great way to increase wellbeing in the workplace. Being self-aware can help deal with stress and obstacles at work and also assist in making better decisions. An employee with self-knowledge knows their strengths and weaknesses. By knowing which parts of themselves they need to improve and taking advantage of their strengths, they can live a more satisfying life. Remente offers courses insights, and goal plans for your staff to get to know themselves better.
- Provides guides on how to reduce stress. When it comes to wellbeing in the workplace, reducing stress is a key ingredient. Stress is the body’s natural response to pressure. Experiencing stress was useful for our ancestors needing to escape a lion attack, but in our everyday life today it causes more harm than good. Being stressed for a long time can have negative effects on both body and mind leading to health problems such as high blood pressure, heart disease, depression, and increased anxiety. Stress can also cause a negative impact on concentration and performance. To increase workplace wellbeing, Remente offers courses in stress management, useful insights about stress, and hands-on goal plans to help reduce stress.
- Provides tools for structuring the day and prioritizing. Prioritizing and organizing might be a hard nut to crack for some employees. The inability to prioritize or organize one’s work can affect productivity and evoke feelings of stress and anxiety. By using the system from Remente, your employees will be given courses in how to create structure and how to set SMART goals, which can enhance wellbeing in the workplace.
Workplace wellbeing should be a top-priority for all businesses given happiness being so closely linked with employee productivity Involving your staff in employee health programs will not only be an investment in your employees and your company, but it will also most probably change the work atmosphere to be more open and positive. One of many positive side effects of promoting health and wellness in the workplace.
Mental health and wellbeing at work using Remente’s corporate wellness platform
Remente is an online-based platform that offers corporate wellness platforms for both businesses and individuals. By using Remente’s platform, wellbeing is just a few clicks away.
Sign up for a free demo of Remente today and experience the improvement in wellbeing in the workplace by yourself.