All companies want high employee efficiency in the workplace. But how is it possible to put that thought into practice? In this article, you will learn about employee productivity and different ways on how to improve employee efficiency by measuring efficiency, optimizing time management, and enhancing task prioritization, workflow, and employee engagement with the help of the Remente employee efficiency software.
What is efficiency?
Efficiency is traditionally defined as the degree of goal fulfillment in relation to the number of resources used. In brief, employee efficiency is being able to perform more work in less time. Efficiency and productivity go hand in hand, while efficiency measures the performance of the output produced, productivity measures the output quantity.
What is the definition of inefficient work?
A lack of organization or skill that leads to wasting time, money, or energy is the definition of inefficient work.
How do you measure employee efficiency?
You might have a vague idea about the employee efficiency in your workplace, but how far is that idea from reality? By measuring efficiency with employee efficiency software offered by Remente, you will get a clear picture of just how efficient your company is. The software allows you to see employee efficiency data broken down into countries, departments, sub-departments, and more, providing you with a more detailed and accurate picture of your employees’ efficiency, gaining valuable insight on how to improve it.
It is time to take action!
If the data shows that your employees don’t reach their full potential, it’s time to take action to improve employee efficiency in the workplace. Being inefficient isn’t a permanent state, and it’s possible for employees to learn how to be more efficient. Inefficiency can be due to a lack of skills, disorganization, or struggles with mental wellbeing. By using the corporate wellness programs offered through our employee efficiency software, you can provide your employees with the tools and resources they need to enhance their efficiency and mental wellness, as well as increase employee engagement and motivation.
Three popular courses in the Remente app that will help your employees to be more efficient and productive:
Apart from taking courses to improve employee efficiency, your employees will also be able to gain more insights about efficiency and learn how to set up goals to be more efficient and productive. The Goal Plan enables your employees to follow easy step-by-step guides to learn useful tools to reduce the time spent on assignments, set reminders, and follow the progress in their journals.
Three great Goal Plans from Remente:
- Get more productive in 6 days
- Increase Work Productivity in 5 days
- A Morning Routine for Your Career
How to improve employee efficiency and what to avoid
When it comes to employee efficiency and productivity, there are several measures you as an employer can take and some things your employees have to do to be more efficient. Here is a small guide on how to improve employee efficiency in your workplace
Encourage your employees to:
- Start their workday by planning it with the employee efficiency software offered by Remente.
- Prioritize their most important tasks first.
- Alternate between simple and difficult assignments to create variation.
- Plan for unforeseen tasks and only map out 80% of their workday.
- Focus on one assignment at a time, as multitasking tends to be counterproductive.
Eliminate time thieves
It’s not necessarily about how many hours you put into your work, it’s about how efficient you are. In the workplace, there are many time thieves that can hinder employee efficiency and productivity. Some can be controlled and some can’t. If the data from the employee efficiency software shows that some departments are not as efficient as they could be, it’s a good idea to look for time thieves and make arrangements so your employees can avoid:
- Being interrupted. On average, it takes about 15 minutes to regain lost concentration. Encourage employees to turn off their phones and politely cut unnecessarily long conversations whenever they need maximum concentration.
- Constantly checking their email. Encourage employees to schedule reading and answering their emails two times a day, depending on their role.
- Meetings. Always evaluate how many employees need to participate, and if possible, set up a digital meeting, as they tend to take less time and eliminate the time for transportation. Don’t make meetings longer than they should be, and have an agenda with a clear outcome.
- Misunderstandings. Always make sure that your staff has understood the task correctly and that there is no room for ambiguity. If you delegate an assignment: ensure that there’s no misinterpretation.
- Being poorly organized. Encourage your employees to spend a little time every day to reflect over task prioritization and organize their tasks, projects, and goals. By using the digital wellness platform from Remente your employees are given tools to plan their day and set goals to add structure to their workdays.
Measure efficiency with Remente’s employee efficiency software
To find the most prevalent time thieves at your workplace, it’s a good idea to measure employee efficiency. Remente provides tools that enable you as the employer to get an overview of the organization, allowing you to see, pinpoint, and resolve bottlenecks. Remente’s awarded app is based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, well-proven to enhance mental wellbeing, and offers tools to make it possible to, for example, be more focused, productive and less stressed to increase employee efficiency, motivation, and job satisfaction.
Sign up for a free demo of Remente today and experience the difference our system can make on how to improve work efficiency and employee engagement.